Tailoring support to patients’ daily needs. Together.
We offer personalized support to help your patients with some of their day-to-day challenges.
How Care Champions Help
When your patients need support for their day-to-day challenges, we want to be a place they can turn to for help. That’s why Pfizer Oncology Together provides patients prescribed our medications with a dedicated Care Champion. Our Care Champions, who have social work experience, are ready to listen to patients and then connect them to resources that may help with some of their
Care Champions can connect patients to resources for emotional support and other day-to-day challenges they may face.*
We’ll connect patients to local, online, and diagnosis-specific support groups and mentorship programs that can help them find others who can understand what they’re going through.
If patients or caregivers need short-term counseling or emotional assistance, we can connect them to an independent organization’s helpline that offers these services.
*Some services are provided through third-party organizations that operate independently and are not controlled by Pfizer. Availability of services and eligibility requirements are determined solely by these organizations.
LivingWith® is a free app, designed to help your patients connect with loved ones, ask for the support they need, remember important information from doctors' visits, and stay organized, all in one place.
The LivingWith® app is available to all patients and their loved ones, and is not specific to any products supported by Pfizer Oncology Together.
App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. Google Play and the Google Play logo are trademarks of Google LLC.
When patients need practical support for the daily planning that’s related to their condition, a Care Champion can connect them to resources that can help.
TRANSPORTATION AND LODGING
If patients need transportation or lodging for treatment-related appointments, we can connect them to independent organizations that provide these services for free to patients who qualify.†
Patients may need help transitioning from work during treatment, or preparing to return to work. We have information that can help them:
- Decide whether to share their diagnosis with their co-workers
- Understand their rights as an employee
- Manage burnout if they are a working caregiver
†Services are provided through third-party organizations that operate independently and are not controlled by Pfizer. Availability of services and eligibility requirements are determined solely by these organizations.
As patients manage their condition, Care Champions will direct them to resources that may help support their overall health and well-being.
We’ve worked with dietitians who specialize in oncology nutrition to offer patients:
- Information to help them create a good nutrition routine, including strategies for safe food handling and maintaining healthy eating habits
- Healthy recipes with nutritional facts, time- and money-saving tips, and notes on how certain ingredients may affect patients
- Suggestions for meal planning, grocery shopping, dining out, and maintaining a journal to help patients manage their day-to-day nutritional needs
If patients would like one-on-one help, we can also connect them to an independent organization that offers free consultations with a registered dietitian who specializes in oncology nutrition.
To help support a patient’s physical and mental health after their diagnosis, we can send them:
- Strategies to help them stay active, manage stress, and feel empowered to make decisions and work toward goals
- Tips to promote open communication and collaboration between patients and their healthcare team
- Resources for caregivers, including how they can help manage their loved one’s treatment and care plan
Most Pfizer Oncology medications come with additional patient support such as:
- Toolkits that help patients understand their prescribed medication
- Brochures on topics such as dosing and side effects
- Resources to help patients stay on track with their treatment